Sunday, January 8, 2012

Getting to Know the Cellar Dwellers: Chad Brown (aka, the_typodemon)



Greetings everyone. I'm Chad Brown, a.k.a. the_typodemon of The Cellar Dwellers. I've been playing 40k now since mid to late second edition. Chaos Space Marines have always been my choice when it's time to throw down. I have to admit, in the game my best friend is Kharn. Most people see me heading to the table and before I get anything out, they start planning on how they are going to kill him. Hey, the guy's awesome! I even got my own mark of Khorne on my body. I have been checking out other HQ choices recently, but I'll always like Kharn and those Berzerkers.

I've lived in south western and south central PA, mainly south western. I'm told I have the burgh accent. Yeah, I say pop, yunz, n'nat. I have a son (Logan), and he's big on playing Orks. We've played many games over the years (D&D, Magic, etc.), but 40k is our favorite. It's hard to tell him it's bed time when he's up for yet another game. We have tons of fun.

Recently the group has started planning tournaments, and I'm the groups connection to Gatehouse Games in Duncansville, PA. The store owner (Tim Gatehouse) and I are looking to bring some awesome events this year, along with a few beginer events. If you haven't been to Gatehouse games, what's wrong with you? The place is a great size, the selection is awesome, and it has some of the best tables I've ever seen (check out the beach table). Everyone there is friendly, and is ready to game at a moments notice. Those are the main reasons I feel lucky to be the groups connection there.

Anyhow, if you're in central PA, stop by Gatehouse Games and see if I'm there. I'm up for a game, or just b.s.ing about Warhammer 40k. Later.

Chad Brown, a.k.a. the_typodemon

No comments:

Post a Comment